So, I am getting ready to go to Miami on Thursday. I leave the 13th and come home late on the 17th. I will be going to play soccer for the company I work for, The Dannon Company. Dannon is owned by Dannone, a World-wide company based in France. Every 2 years they hold what they call the "Dannone World Cup". They bring a men and a womens team from each country Dannone operates in for a big soccer tournament. I think they said there are 53 countries represented this year. Two years ago it was in Portugal and this year it is in Miami. There was a huge US tournament back in May to decide which teams would go to represent the US. The team from UT made it for the women....the team I'm on. :) I think they said almost 1,000 people will be participating in the tournament this year.
It is a really neat experience. You get to rub shoulders with people from all over the world! We also exchange jerseys after the tournament. In Portugal, I got a jersey from Italy for Brett (since that is where he served his mission), from New Zealand for Dad (since that is where he served his mission) and one from Mexico (because one of my team mates took my jersey and did it...still a little miffed about that one).
Anyway, the US Women's team got 5th in Portugal and we hope to do well in Miami. Dannone emphasizes the "friendly competition" of the tournament, and for the most part, it is.
So, wish us well and I will be sure to post pictures after the tournament. Also, pray for Brett and Addison; being that Brett will be a single parent for a few days. :) Go USA!
The Final Act to Make a Difference
10 years ago
6 comments:
Sari that is awesome!! It will be nice and warm in Miami - I'm jealous.
Enjoy the warm weather. We will miss you- let Brett know I'm home if he needs me. Jen
SO JEALOUS!!! (to clarify from the other comments, I'm jealous about playing soccer, not the weather!) That's me. Well good luck, hope you have a way better coach this time:)
Sar-bear! You're going to rock their socks off in soccer. You have the hardest kick I've ever seen and both Josh and I are terrified of it. :-) You'll be amazing....after all, you are my most awesome sister! I know you love that. :-)
Well???? How was it??
so...a.....where are the pics???? And why didn't I go with you? :-/
Post a Comment